Friday, October 15, 2010

To Ticket of Not to Ticket?

Curious what others think of this. Or, share your Metro parking stories.

From Gina:
As you probably know, Springfield parking garage is under construction, so it's missing a lot of spaces.

The other morning, it was packed solid--not a space to be found at 8:45 a.m.

Lots of cars were wandering around, so a lot of us gave up and parked at the end of the rows, NOT in a handicapped space and NOT blocking traffic, just not in a marked space.

The end of every row on the 6th deck had already been filled with overflow cars, so I parked on the 5th deck in the same way.

I got back that night to find a $50 parking ticket. When I looked around, I saw every other car parked the way mine was also had a ticket.

It just seems ridiculous that I paid to park there, AND I paid to ride Metro AND then I got a parking ticket.

I'm not really sure what we are expected to do if there are no legit spaces left in the garage during rush hour (It's not like there is a larger garage around.)

I recognize I wasn't in a real spot, but during construction there should be some leniency.

It's like someone thought, hey here's a way to make some extra money. It's like biting the hand that feeds you. They just don't get it.

What do you gain by punishing your regular customers?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter