Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Doors Close with No Warning, Trap, Injure Rider


From Erica:
Last Thursday, May 2nd, at about 11:30 a.m. (Not rush hour),  I was waiting for a train to U Street at L'Enfant Plaza.  The platform was almost empty, and there were three others standing with me when the train stopped.

The doors opened, and they were open for about 30 seconds, just long enough for the three others to walk on (no one got off).

Then, as I was walking on, the doors slammed SHUT.  WITHOUT WARNING! No warning chimes.  No warning recording.

I couldn't get out. I was scared the train was going to start moving. Both my hand and leg were jammed and being squeezed so hard, I couldn't walk for a couple of minutes after the doors opened.

I have bruises on my hand and leg, and my hand was actually bleeding.

Of course, the guy driving the train didn't care. He yelled me.

The station manager didn't care, and merely threw a piece of paper at me and said, "If you have a complaint, fill this out and send it it."  He wouldn't event talk to me.  He walked away and shut the door of his cubicle.

Is there a reason why Metro employees are so miserable and surly?  And what is Metro's responsibility in this situation?  I want to know who that conductor was, and I want to see that he has been punished in some way.

Other items:
15 percent of Metro employees scared to report safety concerns (Examiner)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter